Tuesday 27 March 2012

Savage waiting for his big break

UP-and-coming dancehall artiste Savage describes himself as a singer, deejay and a singjay. And, he believes he was destined to be a star.

"When I look at myself, I see the image of a star," the 27-year-old told the Observer.

Savage, whose real name is Simon Daley, and who hails from Grants Pen in St Andrew, said he started singing in church and was influenced by friends and family to get into the music industry.

"Bounty Killa say fi rise, suh mi a put in di work," said the St Andrew Technical High School past student.

The artiste said he has the goods to make it big in the industry.

"I know it's a hard industry to break in. But my versatility sets me apart from other artistes. I try to do positive, uplifting and exciting music that my fans appreciate," he said.

In 2009, the singjay 'voiced' with dancehall elite Mavado and Flexx on the Gully Christmas (Big Ship) which helped to give him some attention. He subsequently done Mi Naa (Snow Cone), Don't Dis Nuh Man (Snow Cone); Watch Dem Gyal (Don Corleoni); Mama (Q45 Productions) and Nuh Tek Chat featuring 3 star (DJ Frass). His latest project, Da Wine Deh will soon see the production of the video.

He said although he has received some amount of airplay, he is hoping for much more, and over time, with his "unique voice and versatility", he will have Jamaica and the world singing to his music.

Savage waiting for his big break

-->

Reggae Music Dancehall Music

No comments:

Post a Comment